- Joining Classes
- Social Mission
- Our Practices
Tai Chi/Chi Gung "Shibashi"
- REGULATING THE BREATH. Connects the maintenance and balance of the blood pressure to regulated Breathing, strengthens kidney, calms Nerves, alleviates knee problems.
- OPENING THE CHEST Releases contraction in the "upper-Burner", balancing front and back, left and right. Benefits condition of: insomnia, hypertension and relieves mental fatigue.
- DANCE WITH THE RAINBOW Effective in: blood pressure regulation, Aids digestion, alleviates gastric ulcer, shoulder pain and reduces fat in the waist area.
- CIRCLE ARMS / SEPARATE CLOUDS, Builds strength in the waist, legs, lungs, kidneys. Increases Vital Energy. Effectively treats Duodenum disorders, dizziness, palpitations and shortness of breath.
- ROLLING THE ARMS/ FWD & BK Effective for releasing contraction and stagnation of the chest, upper back and shoulders; asthmatic and bronchial conditions and relieving muscular fatigue. Returns vigor to the legs.
- ROW THE BOAT AT LAKES CENTER Relieves pain in the waist and legs. Strengthens Digestive System. Alleviates Intestinal and Gastric Disorders. Opens up back and shoulders.
- ROLL THE BALL FROM SHOULDER Benefits: calms nerves and relieves stress. Restores Energy with "balanced feeling" inside. Induces rest and sound sleep.
- TURN AND GAZE AT THE MOON Accelerates circulation in waist, improving digestion and reducing fat deposits, intestinal and gastric ulcers. Eliminates fatigue in the loins.
- TWISTING TO PUSH THE PALMS Accelerates blood/oxygen circulation to
the far ends of the four limbs, governed by the Spleen. Thus, strengthening the spleen and reducing blood clots in the brain. Benefits Stomach and relieves waist and leg pain.
- CLOUDY HANDS Accelerates the blood/oxygen and vital energy throughout the whole body. Benefits conditions of gastric ulcer, indigestion and Rheumatic arthritis.
- SCOOP THE OCEAN/LOOK AT THE, SKY Increases strength and flexibility in the waist and thighs. Regulates and improves blood circulation, calms and balances the nervous system.
- PUSHING THE WAVES Unifies the rhythms of the mind and body. Strengthens lower body support: waist/legs. Relieves high blood pressure, knee weakness and "chaotic" breathing patterns.
- FLYING DOVE/SPREADS WINGS Effective for relieving strain and weakness in the chest and back. Use in treatment of indigestion, liver and gastric disorder.
- EXTEND ARM/PUNCH WITH FIST Relieves mental strain & stress.
Extends blood/oxygen/energy to the hands. Expands lung capacity.
- WILD GOOSE FLYING Recommended for: kidney disorders, dizziness, low blood pressure. Strengthens spleen and kidney, regulates blood pressure.
- ROTATING WHEEL Builds great strength and flexibility in the waist and abdomen. Promotes circulation of blood and vital energy. Cures loin muscle and fatigue. Restores energy.
- STEPPING WHILE BOUNCING BALL Relieves mental tension and body fatigue. Balances left/right brain and so soothes the Nervous system. Opens the sensory response supporting the ability to "balance by feeling".
- PRESS PALMS/SMOOTH THE CHI With respect to regulating: balancing the flow and rhythm of the breath/blood/energy, front to back, left to right, up to down, inside to outside.
* Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi was developed by Professor Lin Hou-Sheng in 1979
* Special thanks to Sharon Kent who trained Michael Vasquez in the Shibashi Set. Visit her website here